Wednesday, May 14, 2008

HELP ME! I'm a pack rat.

Just a quick note about the last post. I know it's boring going to a blog that doesn't change up topics frequently but I thought that was a very important one for all artists.

Nuff said. Are you a pack rat? I sure am and it gets really bad sometimes.

I recycle but before I do I look at the item and try to decide to keep or recycle. The problem is everything I see can be re-used or re-created in some way. Then I put it on my kitchen table or in a sorted box. It sits there, taking up space, gathering dust waiting for inspiration. Well, I get the inspiration and then I get distracted so the piles begin to grow and grow and grow. I don't want to throw them out because I keep thinking I'm going to do something with it and once in a while I actually do. I still save more than I use and it's in multiples of the same thing.

The past few weeks I got an urge and started making some decisions about tossing or keeping. I found out that my kitchen table is more than just a holding pattern for my "stuff"...LOL There's this flat surface people eat on. A really unique idea...tee hee!

So I'm on a mission to either make something or let go and recycle.

No comments: